Tuesday, May 16, 2006


We've passed a year working in Korea, and the next few weeks will get even busier before we head home. On Saturday it was off to Seoul after three hours sleep to pick up our Thailand tickets and do some more shopping. I have yet to get a traditional Korean dress for my niece, since she is growing like some radioactive child. I only see dresses for small kids and pre-teens, not much in between. I fear the Disney t-shirt i bought at Christmas for her will be about ten sizes too small by the time we see her. I hope i can get some other stuff to make up for it.

On Sunday, after another night of three hours, we headed south to Gyeongju with Robert and the director for some sightseeing. This temple and palace was built in 751 and rebuilt after the Japanese destroyed it in 1593. It wasn't completely restored until the early 70's and is designated historic place number 1. Korea was ruled from Gyeongju long ago when it was first united. Most of the buildings, and even the toll booth, have Korean style roofs. We had a very nice day checking out temples and buying more crap. (I think we'll need our own plane to get it home.) Along with the sights we also saw three different accidents including a Kia SUV that rolled on the highway.

In other news we have a date. I guess the (former) secretary (English name Julia) had a good time with us a few weeks ago because she wants to go to Da Vinci Code on Friday. She's about the only real friend we have here and we don't speak anywhere near the same language. We should have another interesting time to say the least. I may post the pic she sent of me today from the last time we were out sandwiched between to giant walking Soju bottles. For another time i suppose. I know i still haven't updated about the Jeju trip.

How about that Oil? Hear that sound? That's the fucking blue and copper freight train picking up speed. I'd suggest you get out of the way. I would have grown a playoff beard, but the way they're headed i'd look like Grizzly Adams and they wouldn't be half way done. Besides my employer, i don't think C would be too happy either. I'm such a dedicated fan i get up in the morning to listen to games. There's not much that gets me up before noon when i can help it. If they make the finals we'll probably be in Thailand. Of all the years to move halfway around the world...
Photos

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Did you get my email i sent a million years ago to you? I lost your email addy.

Paul S.

6:55 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home