Thursday, March 23, 2006


I can admit it. I have a problem, but i'm not the only one. C's in the same boat. She has bought and sent just as many things from eBay to her parents house in the past week as i have. This little beauty is a 1996-1997 Todd Marchant playoff road set. This is the jersey he was wearing when he scored the game seven overtime winner against Dallas. I couldn't pass up a chance at owning a piece of one of my favourite Oilers memories. We've spent over $1000 on about a dozen things. Hey, we haven't really bought anything for ourselves in the last year, and we're making up for lost time i guess. We're using the same profile and it might look a little weird. If some were to look at the purchased items they would see the strange mix of hockey jerseys and scrapbooking crap/stationary. C has had a stationary addiction i've known about for some time. I can't understand it. She even wants to bring pens home from Korea. I'm not talking about any fancy Korean pens. They're just normal everyday pens. I think the majority of the buying is finished now. Just a few more things i'm watching...

I was reading Penny Arcade today when i saw this. They were talking about new additions to Xbox Live when i came across this which seemed to ring true:
Also: free online poker for Xbox Live Arcade, in addition to (wait for it) Uno, which as a social card game could actually be a pretty good match for the service. Games of skill and chance can bring a person's inner bastard to the fore, but I know of no other game that can turn a person into a complete fucker in the way that Uno does.
I decided to highlight my favourite text in red in case you couldn't figure it out. Last time we had people over a few stayed to play a round of Uno with us. I know of no other game or sport that can incite swearing amongst friends as quickly. It reminded me of the "game nights" we would have at home with friends in Canada. Yes, i am a loser.

In work news, the search doesn't go well. They still only have one teacher locked in so far. We have less than eight weeks to go until the end of our contract now, so we may end up staying a little longer to help out. The other day we were talking with the director and his wife and he offered us a big flat screen TV for us to stay another year. I would take him up on it, but it's not my decision alone.

Photos

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oilers still suck sir! lol. Ebay is soo addicting. Hey C bring me a pen!

8:51 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home