Tuesday, January 10, 2006


Yeah that's me chilling near Mount Fuji about two weeks ago now. We stopped for five minutes for a photo-op then it was back on the bus to get to Lake Ashi. The schedule was really tight. One of my favorite parts was hearing the stuck-up European cow married to an American bitch about the squat toilets at a rest stop. My advice: stay at home if you're too good to really experience other cultures. I'll continue Japan highlights sporadically from now on. Continuity is too much for me right now.

Friday we actually had people over to over apartment. Real live people. A few teachers and even our old secretary showed up. She tried calling for directions when no one who spoke was here yet. She made a pretty good effort at trying to understand me, but gave up after a bit and just hung up on me. She expressed embarrassment when she arrived, but there was really no need. I found it amusing, and i'm still embarrassed by my horrible lack of Korean. I should have made more of an effort at learning from the beginning. We had a good time drinking beer and soju. I stuck to beer this time. I shared the little bit of Miller i had, then we drank Korean. I swear the stuff tasted like a skunk smells. Everything went fairly well until the director's kids and another from the hagwon showed up. The mood understandably got a little strange with the kids around. After a bit a few of us headed to another "norae" bang where i got to belt out quite a few this time. C and i did a duet of "We Are the Champions" in honour of C's mom. I got to sing some Nirvana, Offspring, and finished off the night with a decent attempt at Duran Duran's "Hungry Like the Wolf." I'm getting into this singing stuff. It's a lot of fun with some alcohol. I think when i get back to Canada i'll open a PC/DVD/Norae Bang combo. Could be a hit with enough booze. When we finished C and i went out with the secretary for another beer at a bar called MOO. Yeah, like a cow. We worried the lack of a common language would be a problem, but we managed to communicate all right. I think the beer helped. I'm not sure exactly when, but i think we agreed to get together again for a movie sometime after she takes a massage test next week. I think...

C should be happy i managed to make through a post without writing the word fuck. Fuck... i did it again. Meh. I don't get to say it at work.

Note to self: Listening to punk music at three in the morning doesn't help insomnia.

Photos

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have discovered the joys of drinking...I am so happy for you.

mj

3:04 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home