Tuesday, December 20, 2005


I'm going to try and catch up a bit on my blogging tonight. I have a bunch of time since i'll be staying up all night doing laundry. We finally got our washing machine working for the first time in over a week, so i have a lot to do before we go to Japan. It's been surprising cold and it our pipes have been frozen solid. We needed help from our boss to even get hot water for showers on Sunday. I'll try to pick up on Thursday.

Ahhh... Thursday. Well i don't remember a whole lot about Thursday, but i'll try and fill you in on what i remember. Thursday was the last day for our secretary, as she's getting married soon. Most of the staff from the hagwon went out for some eats and alcohol to say goodbye. We went to another one of those places where you cook the food right on your table and it was pretty damn tasty pork. While we were eating the directors wife brought out the soju. She's great. She's almost like a Japanese anime character, except Korean, with her big happy eyes. She's also a bit of a lush. I'm not a big drinker, but when i do it's to get right fucked. That's what i proceeded to do. Every time they filled the shot glass, down the soju went. I was feeling pretty good most of the night. At one point i remember going over to the secretary to attempt communication, even though she speaks almost no English. I think i said something about wishing i had learned more Korean so we could have known each other better. Somehow she understood me (maybe someone translated) and said, "Me, too" and started bawling her eyes out. I guess the soju was affecting her too. From there i guess we headed to "Norae Bang" for some singing goodness. I remember ending up in one of the rooms, but i don't remember the beer or the picture they took of me with the beer there. I do remember not feeling so well and heading to the bathroom, then luckily being found by the head teacher slumped in one of the stalls. After that the only thing i remember is cracking my head on some sign outside and saying, "That really hurt!" I still have the evidence carved into my skull. I had a good night, i just hope i didn't ruin it for anyone else. I wish i could have said a proper goodbye.
Photos

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome dude! those are the best nights... as long as you've got someone looking after you, life is good...

mj

3:12 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home