Wednesday, November 16, 2005


Happy Pepero Day! Last Friday was Pepero Day, much to the younger children's' delight. Pepero Day is a made up holiday like Valentine's Day or Christmas in which children exchange chocolate covered bread sticks with the people they like. Apparently there was one company that produced the stuff, and somehow they managed to get kids to turn it into a mini-holiday. I managed to get a fairly decent haul of the stuff myself. Most of the chocolate in this country is nowhere near as sweet as back home and tastes pretty bland. We are able to find some things that are the same as home and savor them, even though we buy them on a regular basis.

I'm getting really frustrated with my classes lately. Most days i have trouble controlling the majority of my classes. They just refuse to listen and i'm past the point of caring. I just don't have it in me to get pissed off and yell at every class, and since most have very little English they wouldn't understand my rants anyway. Staring and other things sometimes work for a bit, but nothing keeps everyone in line. The other day one little bastard tossed some paper into the side of another kid's face and i told him to get out. Of course he didn't listen, and i got so pissed i picked the little fairly large child up and started to carry him out of class. I was thwarted by the three desks and other children that i ended up dragging with me. For the second time in as many weeks i had to get the owner to talk to him, and he was back in class five minutes later. Next time i kick a kid out i want him out for the whole class. If they bring them back in again i'm not teaching that class since the kids know nothing will happen. I've heard the kids here won't respect you if you aren't really strict with them and i believe it.
Photos

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home