Monday, July 18, 2005


I went for a walk by myself today and decided to take the camera with me. I didn't get any great shots, but this one shows a little of the city. There have been Korean flags hung up all over the last couple days. I had to do an intertron search to find out July 17th is Constitution Day in Korea. Trying to get C to go for walks has been like pulling teeth. I don't really blame her. The combination of her asthma and the humidity has her breathing hard after a trip to the supermarket some days. I probably walked somewhere between 3 and 5 km today. It was probably 31 degrees and cloudy, but by the time i got to the apartment i was drenched in sweat.

On Saturday we went for a jaunt downtown. After finding out we missed the English movie by 10 minutes we did one small lap and headed back due to the heat. We had four kids and one adult say "Hi" to us in English in just over an hour on the street. The same thing happen last weekend as we stepped out of the cab at E-Mart. Being white is like being a mini celebrity. People want to say hello to you for no reason. I don't mind the kids. They get to use a little English and are really cute. It's a little weird sometimes when the adults do it. I think i probably prefer some of them just staring. Next time i'll try and write about the staring thing if it isn't six in the morning.
Photos

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo dude,

sorry to hear about c's experiences. that makes it tough to go to work everyday.

you could probably make a withdrawal from the hair bank...jk

the celeb being white status thing is weird. you should tell everyone you're really an actor :)

8:25 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home