Sunday, July 10, 2005

Happy Birthday From The Other Side Of The Earth

Right now in Canada it is July 9th, which means it's my sister's 25th birthday. I want to wish her a good one. I wish i could be there to visit with her and my niece, and the niece on the way.

It looks like another crappy weekend. It rained all day yesterday and is supposed to rain all day today. Yesterday i had a few language barrier problems, but everything worked out alright. We went to the video store and attempted to rent a movie with no success. Once we finally found one, we took the case up to the counter and the girl shook the case and said "nothing." I guess they keep the movies in the cases unlike back home. We walked out a little amused at our failure. Later, i went to get some fried chicken from a place down the street we've had a few times. I took a flyer with me and pointed at what i wanted. The delivery guy kept trying to ask me something in Korean. The old woman who cooks came around the counter and said something. I managed to catch the name of our apartment complex. I nodded, but then realized i had no idea how to tell her what apartment number. After a few frustrating moments i tapped my chest and motioned that i would take it home. After that everything was fine. To my disappointment the rest of the day was spent indoors. I want to be able to get out and explore more.

It looks like today will be more of the same. We'll probably spend most of the day indoors. Sooooooo boring, i know. We might try to catch a taxi to E-Mart if we manage to get a taxi driver that understands what the hell we're trying to say. If i'm stuck indoors i might try to post some more pictures later.

-insomniac out.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey dude and dudette,

don't let the rain get you down - we've been having just as much of it here. although, the past week has been hot, hot, hot. your old apartment would have been an oven. language is such an interesting thing... happy b-day to your sis.

martina

12:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

STEVE,

LOL....THANKS FOR THE BIRTHDAY WISH. COULD REALLY USE YOU GUYS RIGHT NOW.... I'LL CALL SOON.

LOVE YOU BOTH.
CHRISTINE

5:17 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home