Friday, May 27, 2005

I Smell a Rat...

Can't sleep again. Surprise, surprise. You'd think after two consecutive nights with a total of nine hours sleep, i would be a little tired. Still sick too. Might as well write a bit.

On Tuesday i was in the bedroom, when from the kitchen i hear a blood curdling scream and a big thud. I rush out into the kitchen and my girlfriend (C) is almost in tears. When i ask her what happened she tells me she saw a huge mouse run right in front of her and into the floor of the porch where the washing machine is. She shows me with her fingers how big she thought it was and it must have been about five inches. The big thud i heard was her slamming the sliding door to the porch. I'm surprised the thing didn't shatter. She was so upset i thought we'd be on a plane back to Canada that night. We had mouse in our second floor apartment last year and we almost moved out of there right away. I managed to catch and kill that one. Made me feel like a big man. Almost like an adult. That one was probably only two and a half inches without the tail. I didn't believe the size of the thing she said she saw.

Fast forward to Wednesday and i'm going to get some laundry from the porch. I close the door behind me and stay still a couple of seconds. From behind the washing machine a beast that may have been a small cat scurries from its hiding spot. She was right. The thing must have been about five inches. We told the director of our school we saw it again and he went over to the apartment while we were teaching to lay traps and poison. I checked this morning and no carcass yet. I think C will feel better when we find a body. When we do i'll post some pictures of the monster. Well, i guess it looks like i'm on laundry duty for the next year.

-insomniac out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home